Friday, March 21, 2008

Random jabber

Wow, another big snow storm this year. Too bad about all this global warming. I’ve been recording bass parts for the High School Musical rehearsal tapes all day. I volunteered to do this to help the cast get used to singing with a band instead of rehearsing with a piano. I should have known what I was getting myself in for, and the rest of the band for that matter. Oh well, I think it will be worth it in the end, it’s just a bit of a pain now. With all this stuff I’ve been doing, I’ve had to miss some triathlon training. I should still be OK for the race anyway. I sang a solo at church with a piano accompaniment. I’m 44 years old and that was the first time I ever did that, if you can believe that. I was pretty nervous but I did pretty good if I do say so myself. I’m sure if I watched a video of it I would pick it to pieces. I quit watching videos of my performances a long time ago for just that reason. Shout had a good rehearsel. Art wrote a cool new song for us. It starts with a bunch of different sounds and noises. It’s a song about taking quiet time with God. If only I would practice what I sing.

I’m starting to get the fishing bug. I haven’t been out since last September. The last time I was trout fishing, I was almost drowned when they started generating power at the dam. You are supposed to check the release schedule before you go fishing. I assumed that because the weather was so dry and the lake was so low that they wouldn’t be releasing that day. I guess that’s not something you want to take a chance on. Anyway, I won’t be making that mistake again. Also the last time I was out on the Detroit river my motor died, and I barely made it in on my troller. So I had kind of lost my entheusiam for fishing. Anybody that knows me knows that could only be a very temporary situation with me. I think I’ll solve both problems by selling my boat and buying one of those cool pontoon rafts for floating down rivers, no motor to die, and It won’t matter how high the river gets.

Well, time for bed,

Dave

No comments: